Inspired by Yup, it’s Vegan, this simple recipe is a nice twist on traditional hummus, perfect for summer snacking.
- 1 Cup chopped mango can be fresh, or thawed frozen
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Combine the mango, garlic, tahini and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process till smooth.
- Add the curry, cumin, paprika, salt and chickpeas. Process until smooth.
- Add additional lemon juice or salt to taste, if needed.
There’s a lot of varieties of hummus out there, and I liked this recipe because it’s a little different. Since I’m sensitive to garlic I don’t use that much in my recipes, but you could use up to two cloves if you really love it. Same goes for the spices and lemon juice – you can easily customize this recipe to taste. Garnish with fresh, finely chopped mango or a sprinkle of paprika.