Super Simple Pan Fried Tofu
This easy, quick, no drain method cooks up delicious tofu that’s crispy outside and tender inside. Add your favorite sauce or topping and you’re ready to go!
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 14 oz block tofu
- Remove the tofu from the package and set on its side.
- Cut through the tofu to cut it in half – into two large (thinner) blocks.
- Lay the tofu flat (keep the two pieces together) and cut in half lengthwise.
- Cut in half widthwise, and then cut each of those halves in half to create 16 tofu rectangles.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Place tofu pieces in oil – use caution as the tofu will still be wet and could cause the oil to pop.
- Cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Lift the lid straight up, turn tofu with tongs, cover and cook 8 more minutes. You may want to reduce the heat slightly if the tofu looks a bit burnt on the edges.
- Drain on paper towels before eating.
This is a great recipe when you’re in a hurry for a delicious simple dinner. You can cook rice while you’re cooking the tofu, and then serve with your favorite sauce and a side of vegetables.