Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
I don’t generally make my own piecrust, so this recipe uses store bought. However, if you’re good at it, nothing beats a homemade crust!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 9″ deep dish pie crust
- 8 oz. Swiss cheese grated
- 3 Cups fresh spinach tightly packed
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop or tear up the spinach so you don’t end up with whole leaves and stems.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt 2 Tbsp of butter and then add the mushrooms and garlic salt. Stir until the mushrooms start to reduce, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and continue to cook until spinach is reduced, about 3 -5 more minutes.
- Spread the cooked veggies over the cheese in the pie crust.
- Beat together the eggs, milk and cream and pour over the top of the cheese and veggies.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until the center of the quiche is solid (insert a knife in the center and it should come out clean). If the outer edges of the crust start to get too brown, you can cover them with aluminum foil or crust shields.
You can put pretty much any veggies in a quiche – broccoli, tomatoes, squash, etc. Keep in mind that many veggies have a high water content, so it’s a good idea to cook them first to get rid of that excess water.