Whole Wheat Pasta with Broccoli Walnut Sauce
A delicious way to get whole grain goodness and the nutritional power of broccoli.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 Cups Cooked broccoli
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Pkg Whole wheat pasta
- 8 oz. Grape tomatoes, sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine cooked broccoli, walnuts, yeast, garlic, olive oil and salt in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Drain pasta, reserving about 1/4 C of the water.
- Return pasta to pot, add in the broccoli mixture and water and combine. Heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes and serve.
This vegan recipe for whole wheat pasta with a broccoli walnut sauce is an adaptation from a recipe found on Vegan Heaven. I use a little less garlic, omit parsley, and add in a little of the water from the cooked pasta to thin the sauce a bit. I love the hearty, comfort-food feel of this dish, and the fact that it’s filled with whole grains, fiber, healthy fats, and wonderful nutrients. It makes a satisfying, hearty dinner and would be a great dish to pack up and take to work.